Sunday, June 5, 2016

Southern Bride: Repost J Crew

ALWAYS SO CHIC IN J.CREW

Wow was the only thing that came to mind when we saw this JCREW jumpsuit. Lacey yet elegant adorned with short cap sleeves and a low v-neckline, this jumpsuit would be ideal for a beach ceremony or a bridal shower. Easy to walk in and even better to dance the night away in, why not change in to this cute number when being announced at your reception. Which ever way you decide to wear it, Southern Bride loves this lace jumpsuit!

Backstory from Michael Allen Photography: Here's a few more of my favorite segments from our shoot at the historic Grove Park Inn in Asheville North Carolina. When we arrive on location with the Southern Bride editors, I spend my first day scouting locations, creating scenes, and developing the style for the shoot. As a professional photographer I'm always looking for light, architecture and anything that I think will be a unique photo location. I talk to the Inn Keepers and look at their normal suggestions from past photo shoots and do my best to avoid those locations, I want to create something unique for me as a photographer, and something unique for the magazine that hasn't been shown a millions times before. The property managers always have their go to locations, so I asked the manager to show me something that no one has ever photographed before. This spot was just what I was looking for, this amazing stone mansion is adjacent to the Inn, and was vacant, waiting for the Inn to decide what to do with it. Most of the week of the photo shoot I'm knocking out the fashion shots that the magazine needs to show the hundreds of designer dresses, so a lot of my work has a straightforward catalog style. I knew when I hit this location I could take liberties to push the envelope, break some of my rules and have some fun. Our models spend the week changing outfits, hairstyles, makeup over and over again. so when we hit this location I told Alynn to let go and give me some of her ideas for the style. We had about 10 minutes right before we wrapped this location, that's when I moved her to this portico and here's the result. We both knew that this spot was going to give us something really cool! Here's just a few of my favs. Be sure to read the original post to see a few more of the shots used on the SB Blog. Here's a link to my portfolio from the shoot too





No comments: