Saturday, December 15, 2012

George Coleman Jazz Legend

I love music. Every time I get a chance to work with musicians I jump up and run. If you don't recognize the name, George Coleman has been around the block a few times, he's in his 70's now, and still plays around the world. His music has complimented such greats as Miles Davis, and a notable list of famous artists that goes on forever. Jazz enthusiasts would stand in line around the block to meet him. He's been in movies, he's been photographed in magazines such as Vogue with Madonna, and recently inducted into the Memphis Rock & Soul Hall of Fame. I recently got a call from film maker Ray Foley, who is an award winning director from New York, to shoot segments for his new documentary featuring George Coleman and his family of amazing musicians. In between shooting the film footage, I took a few minutes to shoot a portrait session of George. Here are a couple of my favorites from the session.




No comments: