Sunday, April 29, 2012

Carolyn and Fran's Engagement Session - Memphis Tennessee Photographer

Here is a peek of Carolyn and Fran's engagement session. I met them several years ago at one of their friends weddings that I was shooting, and when they got engaged, they gave me a call to be their photographer. They are so much fun, and wanted an adventure for their session, so we went to one of my favorite spots in the South Main Arts District, and set out to shoot on a beautiful spring day. I love shooting downtown, and love to reinvent every shoot that I do. I have a few favorite spots, but the time of day and position of the sun can change the look on every block in South Main Street, so I have to find new spots almost every time I shoot. Memphis has an amazing history downtown, and there are still a few rare buildings left. So many historic buildings in the downtown area have been demolished, so I love shooting before they get torn down. This first photo shows an old wall that has been repainted, now faded, and you can see the layers of history in the paint. Every now and then I find some new graffiti, like the "love" sign on the block wall below, I'm sure the building owners will sandblast that off soon, but now, Carolyn and Fran can frame it on a canvas on their wall and keep it forever!! They were so much fun to shoot, Congratulations to Carolyn and Fran!













No comments: